Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Brunch

I had a busy morning with worship practice today, so by the time I got home and got our meal ready, it was actually noon :0) We went ahead with breakfast food, though...b/c I LOVE breakfast food!! (technically, there's not much food that I don't love, but that's beside the point). We had pancakes and cheesy scrambled eggs.


Fanny Farmer Pancakes
2 c flour
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 egg
2 c milk
2 Tbsp butter, melted


Combine dry ingredients. Add egg and milk and stir well. Add butter. Fry 1/4 c of batter (or desired amount) on hot griddle. Serve with favorite toppings. (Mine happens to be the Cinnamon Syrup I listed last week...yummo!)


The story behind these pancakes being named "Fanny Farmer" is that a couple of years ago, Reagan brought home a book from the Hutch Library and had this recipe in it. I've loved it ever since. It's basic, easy, but yummy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment