Sunday, January 24, 2010

Biscuits & Gravy

I'm just gonna be honest with you.  There are times I wish I wasn't a pastor's wife.  I never doubted marrying Mike, I mean, he's the guy I chose to marry.  However, I had NO IDEA what it meant to marry a pastor.  I was just marrying Mike.  There are a lot of joys, but there's also heartache, and I literally mean heart aches, especially for this emotional & highly sensitive person.  And even though I look forward to going to church every week, it's emotionally draining for this introvert.  Why is it that the church is supposed to be a safe place, but can house the meanest people?  Just goes to show that we are all just normal people, even if we call ourselves "Christian".

Anyhooooo, I'll come off my soap box now....

Today was just one of those days, and I ate a few too many of these and I still felt the need for some more comfort food for dinner tonight.  So, I made biscuits and sausage gravy.  Yeah....that hit the spot.

Biscuits
3 c flour
1/4 c sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2/3 c shortening
1 c + 2 Tbsp milk
1 egg


If baking immediately, preheat oven to 475 degrees.  Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and cream of tartar.  Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or two knives.  Combine egg with milk and pour into flour mixture.  Mix well.  Pat out onto floured surface and cut into biscuits.  Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.  These can be frozen.  Just thaw before baking.




0 comments:

Post a Comment