Friday, January 15, 2010

You Asked

I got a request earlier this week for Sloppy Joes...well, I aim to please :D Friday is typically Burger Night, and since Sloppy Joes are made with ground beef and you put it on a hamburger bun...well, there you go. Plus - I like these waaaaaaay better than a burger!


Sloppy Joes

3/4 c ketchup
1 tsp mustard
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 c chopped onion & green peppers
1 lb ground beef


Brown ground beef with onions & peppers. Season well with salt & pepper, to taste. While beef is cooking, mix up ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Set aside. Drain grease from beef. Add in ketchup mixture. Stir and then simmer for about 10 minutes, or until completely heated through. Place cooked Sloppy Joe mix on a hamburger bun; top with cheese, if desired.


My kids (and Mike) are not fond of veggies like onions and green peppers, esp the peppers. As an alternative, I just add onion powder (about 1/2 tsp) to my ketchup mix. When I went to Glenn's Bulk Foods on Monday, I picked up some dehydrated green & red peppers, and thought I'd give it a try tonight (about 1/2 tsp). I loved it! AND I got no complaints about the "green thingies"!


P.S. Kuddos to my fantastic hubby who's been taking the pics of all my food this week. He's awesome at photography :D


For your enjoyment, here's some pics of my crazy kids...LOL

Cade - he's 8



Clark's 3



And then there's Reagan, 6. She's the craziest one!



2 comments:

A New England Girl said...

Mmmm... Sloppy Joes never disappoint!! :)

Megan said...

i'm going to have to try these too... my mom always used leftover pot roast for sloppy joes. just bbq'ed it on the stove top. they were delicious, but i don't make a lot of roast.

Post a Comment