Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ranch Vinaigrette

Soooo, it's been one of those days.  You know the kind, where everything just seems to not go the way you want it and to top it off, you have a headache all day.  Yeah, well, I woke up with the headache, then realized I forgot to put my pork roast in the crockpot last night; decided to pop it in the microwave just to defrost it enough so that it would be ready by dinner, but my microwave quit working (it's 12 years old - I knew it was gonna happen soon, but wasn't happy it happened this morning).  Kinda just went down hill from there, and Mike (my fabulous, fantastic, wonderful hubby) picked up some pizza for us on his way home tonight.  So, my pulled pork sandwiches will be for tomorrow night, I guess :D

I wanted to share this homemade dressing with you and I'll be honest, the basis of this recipe came from my Momma.  Now, SHE is an amazing cook...I dream to be like her someday :D

If you love ranch dressing but you're looking for something lower in calories (a long time ago, I figured it out to be 63 calories for 2 Tbsp) or maybe you just like tangy vinaigrettes rather than creamy dressings, then you've got to give this a try.  It's my favorite!

Ranch Vinaigrette
1 c vinegar
1/2 c oil
1/4 c water
1 pkg dry ranch mix


Add all ingredients to a jar.  Cover and shake well.  Store in refrigerator.  It will separate while in fridge, so be sure to shake well before using.




0 comments:

Post a Comment