Monday, January 18, 2010

Chalupa

Well, tonight was Mexican Night and we had Chalupas.  This meat is fantastic on a tortilla like in my picture, or even just topped with a little sour cream and salsa and used as a dip. It's wonderful and delicious and makes a ton and freezes well. It's an all around great dish to make!


Chalupa
2 lbs pork roast 
2 Tbsp chili powder 
2 Tbsp garlic powder 
2 tsp oregano 
2 Tbsp cumin 
1 Tbsp vinegar 
1 Tbsp salt 
pepper to taste 
1-2 lbs dry pinto beans, rinsed


Place all ingredients in a crockpot.  Cover with water and cook on high until roast is tender and beans are tender, at least 8 hours. Break up roast with fork and serve with flour tortillas or nacho chips.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK so what do I do if I don't have Cumin?
Ginger

Shara said...

Buy some....LOL
I don't know that you can substitute this spice. I can bring you some today if you're making this today.

Post a Comment